Sunday, November 25, 2012

Fissures - On Frozen Waste C62 out on Worthless Recordings



Worthless. It took me a long time to get into this one. Never heard of Fissures, but with and band name like that, and an album title like On Frozen Waste, I got interested. Plus Worthless Recordings rarely steers you wrong. So, I gave it at least half a dozen shots, but it just wasn't doing anything for me. Some morose bedroom guitar tankering & some minimally applied percussive rhythm or heart beat loop thing. It's like some broke ass dude in the middle of a depressive funk zones out to the patterns on his bedroom ceiling while plucking out some mundane melody for like an hour. But then this fine foggy morning, I played the side of the tape called Morning, and everything clicked. The right time and place. Now I'm hooked like an old hat. Serene doomy guitar layers over perfectly placed wisps and bomb samples from the 40's with a baby crying. Just had to get on here and tell you about it. Fans of the far reaches in chill fringe black metal need to listen up. File next to Du Hexen Hase and Horns Valder.

No comments:

Post a Comment