Tuesday, August 21, 2012

DRIED UP CORPSE / BLSPHM split out on Husk Records

DRIED UP CORPSE / BLSPHM split out on Husk Records


Dried Up Corpse is a little side project from one of the dudes in Blue Sabbath Black Cheer. DUC always delivers the thick slabs of harsh-as-fuck wall noise, and here we have another wall of brutal chaos boiled down to its essence. "Death Moves Quietly" This 15 minute track is easy for a heavy wall fan to digest. Super low end rumble gets your rear-view mirror on vibrate; no subs required. Up the volume. Churn & burn. The signal's fairly low on the right side, like 10dB lower. Sucks, but I'm over it. Aint bummin me out much. When the track is done, the silence at the end isn't really all that silent. Turn it up loud enough, the tape hiss sounds like the end of a record, left on 33rpm, spinning 'til infinity, slowly eroding the needle. Not sure if its a bi-product of the cassette production or if just maybe its the bleakest DUC outro ever... The Blsphm side ends in the same fashion. Must be me. Crank it either way.
Blsphm is a newer side project from one of the dudes in Great Falls. He also happens to write reviews, just like, if not much better than the one you're reading now. Y'ever heard of Devdformats? Check it out fer sure. "The Devil" is a bleak sounding wall of static in waves and... Rather sickly sounding. Really it just sounds like the high & low frequencies got sucked out; probly in some haphazard compressive mp3 file sending or what-have you. Hate to say that I think the recording sucks, but it sorta does. I guess "I get it", if it's supposed to be some sort of wall-noise take on bedroom black metal or something, but I just picture in my head: pulling/stretching taffy over miles of gravel road. Not sure why that is. I haven't given up on Blsphm yet, I've heard great things about the live setting, and I'm sure there'll be more tapes floating around, and we'll be eating em up.
Husk Records did a nice job here. Dig the inverted cross logos for side A&B. The artwork is cool, probly designed by Blsphm. White shells are a nice touch. Hails.

No comments:

Post a Comment